Women, it is important to be well-educated about your health and wellness. Below you will find medically accurate information in regards to taking care of your well-being. Check out the various health topics and how they affect women. If you would like more information on any of these topics, please call Health Promotion at 662-915-6543.
Know your options for birth control.
Chances for getting pregnant are less than 1 in 100 women using:
- Implant (Nexplanon)
- IUD (Skyla)
- IUD (Mirena)
- IUD (ParaGard)
Chances for getting pregnant are 6-9 in 100 women depending on method using:
- Shot (Depo-Provera)
Chances for getting pregnant are 12-24 in 100 women depending on method using:
Breast Cancer: What you need to know for early detection!
- Breast or nipple pain
- Swelling in one or both breasts
- Skin irritation or dimpling
- Clearly or blood nipple discharge
- Lump(s) in one or both breasts
Do a self-exam MONTHLY for early detection of breast cancer:
- In the shower, move hands in a circular motion around each breast.
- Check for any lumps in the breasts
- In front of a mirror, visually inspect your breasts with your arms at your side and then with them above your head.
- Check for dimpling in skin, swelling in a breast, or changes in the nipple.
- Lying down, rub your hands around each breast in a circular motion. This will spread the breast tissue out to thoroughly check for lumps or hard knots.