Attention, men! Health Promotion recognizes the need for providing you with medically accurate information of how to take care of your health and wellness. Come and explore various health topics and how they affect men. If you would like more information on any of these topics, please call Health Promotion at 662-915-6543.
Be clean by taking care of your personal hygiene:
- Shower daily
- Wash and change clothes regularly
- Shampoo and detangle hair regularly
- Clip your fingernails
- Brush and floss your teeth daily
- Gently clean any facial hair regularly
Let’s talk about sex!
It is not uncommon for younger men to experience erectile dysfunction. Most erectile dysfunction in younger men stem from anxiety surrounding thoughts of getting someone pregnant or having performance issues.
Take care of your sexual health by stopping by Turner Center 212 and picking up condoms, lube, and dental dams for FREE!
For men ages 15-35, testicular cancer is the most common form of cancer.
Signs of testicular cancer:
- Enlargement of a testicle
- Loss in size of a testicle
- Heaviness of scrotum
- Slight ache in the lower abdomen, groin, or back
- Pain or ache in testicle or scrotum
- Tenderness in the breast
Do a self-exam MONTHLY for early detection of testicular cancer:
- If possible, stand in front of a mirror.
- Hold one testicle at a time in your hands between the thumbs and fingers.
- Check for any unusual lumps, change in size or consistency, or smooth and rounded bumps.
- If you notice any of the signs, contact a urologist right away.